2009-11-24

Daniel Balean - Progress Images











Over the weekend I returned to the torus concept. I initially made one torus with 4 sides and manipulated it to create an interesting form. Then I copied and pased it 2 times to create 3 torus of different scales. The largest one is a kid's area, the middle one is space for an imbiss/cafe and the smallest is space for an outside mini gallery. The tori were then connected and extruded to create a landscape for people to use. (The white color is a mistake but I like it!)




2 comments:

  1. funky, I like it

    the design is not refined yet but I like that you start having a playful approach towards designing. It seems that you start having fun and think about materials...

    at the moment it is hard for me to decide (although I like the idea of those liquifying of those pink tori), but I think you should refine the design of image 2 and 3 (from top) and work on their surface-articulation.
    One torus could be filled with water, one with sand and then we could have a climbing garden. This ideas should help you how to articulate the surfaces.
    Then you will have to think about the white stuff
    I like how you start treating it: creating apertures (openings) and also twisting the remaining volume to get this sinew quality. It will help if you think about what you and you friends, family etc would REALLY want to do on top of it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suggesting that Shanjida Shamma might form a group with either you or Attawit Sotyom.
    Or that the three of you are working together, which would inn fact be my favorite option.

    Please consider it seriously as I think you might get better results if you share techniques and if you can delegate work (also think of the midterms and finals the work you have to do)

    ReplyDelete