2010-01-10

Timothée / Kai Linn

I try now to concentrate on the notion "animate".

The Great Gray Skwid, on flickR.com


juicyrai, on flickR.com








The strips takes place arround a main element which acts as an attractor for all those shapes. It's also the place where the activities of the playground are centralised: it can be both the place where are the different facilities needed (tools for climbing, ...) and a place arround which people could sit and have a drink.

I know I still have a lot to do (especially on the street's side, where I need to continue to work on the space between each strips and I plan to connect the different strips by multiple briges), I'm still working on it now.

I want to continue to work on the texture of the surfaces, as I did for the central element.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting
    Very good progress, I really like how you are focusing on two design techniques, but I think you have to think of applying the hairy structures more excessively. Remember the images from a former student I sent you? The interesting point in the design was what was created through the excess of agglomerating simple elements. So I think although it might be hard to render and 3D print you could –– at least for the renderings ¬– try to add more hairs and/or try growing hairs out of that hairs (you did it already in previous design but they were small in both size and amount)
    The overall design, the body it creates looks very good and promising also the additional, central element, you have added looks right as far as location and size are concerend you can still refine its design of course by trying different surface treatments ;)
    I see that you already started to merge the hairs with the existing surrounding. Very good please try to design this merging points even more intricately (also to the ground). Start drawing sections as this might help you designing them.
    To all students:
    Before we start preparing for 3D printing we have to figure out about the size of the site model (we should have one site model for the whole studio) either in scale 1:100 or 1:50
    So all of you should go tomorrow (Monday) to the 3D print studio with the most recent design and ask which size is better suited for printing in relation to the costs of the models.
    According to that information you should adjust the design of your projects for printing.

    ReplyDelete